Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Day 2

Today started off a bit rough, with Liam vomiting before breakfast and me waking up feeling like I'd swallowed a double dose of Nyquil. The groggy feeling held on through most of the day, long after Liam recovered and got back to eating everything in sight.

Thankfully, we were all able to enjoy one another in spite of my less than ideal physical state. We started out slow, fulfilling Liam's request to watch a tornado chase a train on YouTube. Yes, there actually is such a video. We also watched a couple of shuttle launches and a brief documentary on wild horses until everyone had thoroughly woken up.

Next we moved on to Annabell Land, building a pretend playground and house for her Beanie Babies. I think Annabell and Liam got more use out of the animals' "bed" than they did, but I can't blame the kids...it looked pretty comfy.

For lunch we packed a picnic and headed to Lititz Springs Park, just over a mile from our house. What is it about eating outside that heightens the appetite? As soon as everyone had inhaled lunch, we fed the ducks and spent a few minutes visiting the playground and (of course) the caboose before heading home.



Since we forgot to bring the Bible along to the park, our storytime came just before quiet time. Annabell chose the New Testament account of Jesus healing the 10 lepers. I asked the kids what we can learn about Jesus from the story, and we figured out that Jesus:
  • cares about sick people.
  • has the power to heal.
  • wants people to believe in him.

And then - miracles never cease - BOTH of them took naps! Liam once again slept for over 2 hours. I'm still shaking my head...what is happening to my son?! I'd forgotten how wonderful it is to have a quiet house in the afternoon. I probably should have taken advantage of it and gotten another nap myself instead of folding laundry.

The rest of the day was a hodge-podge of disjointed activities. I didn't feel like I did the best job staying child-focused, but at least we ended on the right note, with baths for the kids and a good book before bed. Unfortunately, they're both still awake thanks to that nice long nap earlier, but I'm not complaining. They've been so sweet and obedient the last couple of days, and tonight Liam was a chatterbox. I have to think all this Mommy time has something to do with it.

Now, if I can just get some good rest and wake up with a little more energy, perhaps tomorrow we'll be able to cross a few more things off that list.

0 comments:

Post a Comment