Friday, October 29, 2010

Liam Visits the Island of Sodor

As all who read this undoubtedly know, Liam is obsessed with Thomas the Tank Engine and his many steamie friends from the Island of Sodor. When I asked Liam what type of cake he wanted for his 4th birthday, it was no surprise that he answered, "A Thomas cake, with a train track on it and Thomas on the track."

My first inclination was to create a repeat of the cake I made for Annabell's 3rd (?) birthday: a simple rectangular sheet cake with frosting tracks and a miniature Thomas on top. But I've never enjoyed repeating myself, and given the magnitude of Liam's love for all things Thomas, I decided to go all out and try to match his enthusiasm.

As usual, my grandiose vision turned out to be far more work than I anticipated, but the delight on the kids' faces was worth every penny, hour, and crumb in my carpet.


0 comments:

Post a Comment