Monday, October 11, 2010

Suffering Is Not Defeat

Earlier this year I read and reviewed a book called Christianity in Crisis, which discusses the beliefs and proponents of the so-called "prosperity gospel." I was vaguely familiar with this movement before reading the book, but downright enraged by it afterwards. My eyes have been opened to how thoroughly this false teaching has infiltrated the American church, and even my own extended family. Given what Tim and I have been learning about the role of suffering in our own lives and those around the world, the prosperity gospel is more detestable to me than ever.

This morning I was reading a blog by a family who is currently struggling to keep their newborn son alive. They had posted the following video, and I found it so striking I just had to pass it on.

0 comments:

Post a Comment